Most of us are guilty of one major sin- taking our teeth for granted. They have been there all of our lives in some way or another for the most part so we end up just assuming they will always be there and do their job with no issues or problems. I mean teeth are stronger than bone so they are pretty well indestructible and don’t need us to fuss over them. Right? Well, the truth is – that is not accurate at all. Teeth are very important and you need to take care of them. Your teeth are essential to preserving your overall health and longevity.
Teeth are Important to Your Health
Teeth are important and worth protecting because they enable you to:
- Chew – your health and wellness hinge on being able to ear the foods that are best for you, and a healthy set of teeth makes this possible.
- Look Great – a smile can change how you look and how people perceive you, so don’t hide that smile because of a bad set of teeth- take care of them!
- Keep Jaw Strong– teeth are important because they help to keep jaw steady, your gums in place, and provides added strength to your jawbone.
- Retain Bone – missing teeth weaken the bone underneath and with multiple missing teeth or major dental problems you can experience bone loss in the jaw.
- Fight Infection –issues with your teeth can lead to infections that can spread throughout the body which is just another reason why teeth are important!
Teeth are something we all have and like every part of the body- whether it is the brain and heart or the pancreas and the adrenal gland, every part serves a purpose. Your teeth are part of the puzzle of optimal overall health and well-being. Taking care of your teeth and keeping them strong is something that is fairly easy to do.
Taking Care of Your Teeth
Basic daily dental care is essential and is not something you can skimp out on. Brush two to three times a day, always floss, and get regular check-ups. Teeth are important to our health and wellbeing and if you need help getting your teeth back to their optimal shine give us a call today at Comfort Care Family Dental!
1001 E Chicago Ave #143, Naperville, IL 60540