All About Dental Bridges
Dental bridges are a special type of dental restoration prosthesis. They are most commonly used to fill in the gaps of missing teeth by fitting artificial teeth into thos gaps and securing them to the adjacent teeth or dental implants. Varying types of dental bridges have become very numerous over the years. Their types depend on the materials they are made from, how they are made, and how they are secured in the mouth. They can be used for a number of dental issues.
Dental bridges are intended to fill the space left by one or more teeth, placing the artificial teeth in the space between the surrounding teeth, and anchoring to them, so that the bridge spans the gap. Here at Comfort Care Family Dental in Naperville, IL, we are proud to be a service to patients for all of their dental bridges and dental care needs!
If you are looking for dental care in Naperville, IL or the surrounding area, you need to give us a call and see why we have earned the reputation for being leaders in all things dental, including dental bridges. The ultimate goal is to restore proper teeth alignment by refashioning the size and shape of the original teeth. The materials that are most commonly used for the fabrication of dental bridges include gold, porcelain and metal, or porcelain alone. The amount and type of work that is necessary to repair the bordering teeth varies somewhat depending on the different materials that end up being used.
Benefits of Tooth Replacement Bridges
Missing teeth can cause a long list of problems including cosmetic, functional, and health related issues that impact your mouth, teeth, gums, and even the jaw itself, and these are problems that will get worse over time. Missing teeth can lead to pain, difficulty speaking or chewing, and a host of self esteem issues for many people. Dental bridges and dental care in general help prolong the life of your teeth but when things go wrong and you need help fixing problems with your teeth there is one place to turn to for dental care in Naperville, IL- Comfort Care Family Dental. The benefits of our dental prosthetic options, such as bridges, include:
- Prevents further movement or loss of the remaining teeth
- Prevents a number of mouth and gum disorders resulting from the empty sockets
- Improves bite issues and makes eating easier and safer
- Improves speech problems and makes it easier to speak and be understood
- Reduces risk of damage to the existing bone mass and preserves jaw bone strength
- Reduces the risk of getting periodontal disease or of existing cases progress further
- Reduces the risk of plaque buildup and tooth decay
- Provides additional support and helps maintain good oral health and structure
- Provides the ability to eat as you want and to avoid injury during eating
- Offers better stability than implants and partial dentures
- Increases comfort and reduces pain and makes it less likely to develop mouth sores
- Improves appearance of teeth and smiles
- Improves self-confidence and reduces social embracement
- Typically lasts for as many as 10 years or more when properly cared for
- Are much more affordable usually than many other cosmetic dentistry procedures
Making the Choice
A bridge is a special type of dental restoration prosthesis that are most commonly used to fill in the gaps of missing teeth by fitting artificial teeth into the gaps and securing them to the adjacent teeth or dental implants. The amount and type of work that is necessary to repair the bordering teeth varies somewhat depending on the different materials that end up being used. Missing teeth can lead to pain, difficulty speaking or chewing, and a host of self-esteem issues for many people. Fortunately, dental bridges and prosthetics can make a world of difference and can help you get back to your old self and can help you enjoy life once again. Contact us today and set up your consultation appointment to see how we can take the fear and confusion out of dental bridges and dental care in general for you and your entire family! Comfort Care is proud to be your choice for dental care in Naperville, IL and the surrounding area! Contact us now to enjoy a beautiful smile and a healthier way of life free from the worries and pain that a mouth full of bad teeth brings with it. You deserve to love your smile again.