Understanding All on Four Dental Implants
There is one popular option among the cosmetic dental procedures that are available and it is known as All On Four Dental Implants. All On Four dental implants are becoming the go-to choice for replacing missing teeth, whether it is one tooth or many that are in need to replacing. They are the closest thing to a natural tooth you can get and they are also one of the most affordable options as well. The dental professionals at Comfort Care Family Dental, located in Naperville, Illinois, have years of experience with All On Four dental implants.
There are also two parts to a dental implant:
- The root portion that is surgically secured into the jaw bone
- The replacement tooth or teeth are placed over the root and secured in place
The biggest drawback to most of the traditional dental implants that have been used for the past few decades is that many people have insufficient bone mass in the jaw to hold all of the root pegs that are needed to support the implants. This need for better options for the many people who do not have high bone density in their jaw in order to still have dental implant has led to the development of a new implant type that needs a few pegs for an entire set of artificial teeth.
Known as All On Four, these implants are a revolutionary breakthrough and has made it possible for even more people to have the option of getting full permanent dental implants. This groundbreaking solution makes it possible for people to enjoy the simple joys like eating their favorite foods, smiling for photos, talking with friends and family, meeting new people, and enjoying being themselves rather than hiding all the time.
How All On Four Differs from Traditional Implants
The traditional view of implants was that a securing root post was needed for almost every tooth being replaced. So, if three teeth were being replaced with an implant there would be 2-3 posts needed. Someone with a small mouth or low bone mass would not be able to have this type of procedure done. The development of the All On Four Dental Implants is seen by many as a miracle in cosmetic dental procedures today because it opens the door to new options for treatment to people that otherwise would have been left behind.
Some of the biggest advantages of fixed dentures like these implants are:
- Stops or dramatically slows the bone loss occurring in the jaw
- Restores the normal alignment and bite
- Beautiful aesthetics, and a new healthy look boosts personal self-esteem
- No need to remove for care, they can be cared for like normal teeth
- Easy maintenance and care for long term use
- No denture sores or pain from sliding and rubbing pieces
- Less cost for long term care and maintenance
- Can be upgraded and expanded as needed to cover any new dental needs
When considering All On Four Dental Implants, you should be aware of the following:
- Treatment time to get a full set finished can take 6-12 months, so be sure to plan for the process.
- Check with your insurance company to see if All On Four Dental Implants are included in your coverage. If not, Comfort Care Family Dental can advise you on alternative financial arrangements.
- Can only be performed by qualified and experienced dentist specially trained.
This is why it is so important to make sure you are working with a trained and qualified dental team. Cosmetic dental procedures can change your life for the better, but you need to make sure you are trusting your smile to a trained professional prosthodontist, like here at Comfort Care Family Dental Center in Naperville, Illinois. No matter what your needs are, we can help you get the cosmetic care you need.
Different From Other Dental Implants
After looking at the ways All On Four dental implants compare to other dental implants, in terms of their composition and durability, you will need to ask yourself what choice is best for you. Many factors need to be taken into consideration for you to reach an informed decision. You will need to think about things like recovery time, duration of the procedure, number of implants needed, and the clinic where you will have the procedure done.
At Comfort Care Family Dental, we have a team of skilled and caring surgeons who are experienced in a wide range of cosmetic dental procedures. We provide something different, something the others cannot offer: a treatment that works, and one that works for more people. We are glad to see people come in with dental needs and leave with a big beautiful smile!
Whether your needs include All On Four Dental Implants or other dental services, we will be proud to be able to offer that to you too.