When it comes to common dental questions and concerns, correcting unsightly teeth is one question more people have than anything else it seems. Here at Comfort Care Family Dental, we offer two easy ways to deal with unsightly teeth. Safe, effective, and affordable, these options are perfect for giving you a healthy and beautiful smile!
Importance of a Healthy Smile
Overall health and wellness have been shown to be closely connected to dental health. When you take care of your teeth and gums, you are taking care of your entire body. Germs, bacteria, and infections from the mouth can spread to the body and cause a wide range of illnesses and problems, some of which can be quite severe. Taking steps to correcting unsightly teeth and protect your oral health now can keep future problems at bay and keep you healthier! At Comfort Care Family Dental, our veneer and Invisalign services are two easy ways to deal with unsightly teeth.
No matter what kind of dental issues you are dealing with or how they came about, quality porcelain veneers are a great way to address and correct a variety of conditions:
Worn enamel: Even with the best care, tooth enamel will eventually break down with basic wear and tear. And for those who don’t take care of their teeth like they should, teeth can become quite worn and discolored. Veneers are made to fit over teeth to restore the look of bright healthy white teeth quickly and easily. This makes veneers a great way to go about correcting unsightly teeth.
Tooth decay: Teeth are the same as any other part of the body- they start to wear down and get weak with age. Teeth that have not been taken care of for many years are often weaker and more prone to damage. All it takes is for one tooth to get damaged to cause problems that can spread to other teeth. Veneers allow the tooth to be cleaned and its appearance improved. It also protects neighboring teeth from decay’s spread.
Uneven teeth: When teeth become loose and shift out of place, are uneven, misaligned in some way, or are damaged, your smile suffers. These issues can throw off the entire form and function of the rest of the teeth. Veneers help by correcting these placement and spacing issues for a beautiful smile and uniform look and feel to your teeth. They can help restore your smile easily and will protect against wear and tear as well.
Cracks and chips: Teeth can become cracked or chipped in many ways. Biting hard candy or ice can crack teeth, and impact injuries to the mouth can lead to chipped teeth. Veneers can help restore a healthy look to your smile and will also offer protection against further damage. When it comes to correcting unsightly teeth, veneers are an easy way to deal with unsightly teeth today. Veneers are also a very affordable and versatile option for correcting damaged teeth.
Braces have been around for decades and have been the bane of existence for many teenagers and young adults. Awkward and painful, old style metal braces could effectively realign teeth, but they were not easy to wear or care for. With new advances in dental treatments, the Invisalign dental braces offer a new way to realign teeth without the embarrassment of traditional braces. Here are some pros and cons you should know about these easy ways to deal with unsightly teeth:
- Because they are removable, it is easier to wear them and reduces pain and discomfort
- Thanks to their clear design, others usually cannot tell if someone is wearing Invisalign
- They are much more comfortable since there’s no wires, clips, or brackets needed
- Made from one solid piece, they are less prone to breaking and need less maintenance
- FDA approved materials used are safe and non-toxic with no metallic taste in the mouth
- Wearing instructions must be closely followed to get the best results possible
- They must be removed before eating and then teeth must be cleaned before wearing
- They can be more expensive than traditional metal braces due to the labor involved
- Most insurances see them as a cosmetic prosthetic and do not cover them
- There will still be initial discomfort and trouble talking when first wearing Invisalign
- A new aligner is generally needed every 2 weeks so teeth can be moved into alignment
- Some patients report lingering discomfort if they have other tooth or gum issues
- More dental visits are usually needed to complete the entire process
Contact Us Today
If you have questions about correcting unsightly teeth with veneers or Invisalign give us a call. Our team of dental care experts is ready to help answer your questions and help you find the care plan that works best for you. We offer easy ways to deal with unsightly teeth, and we can help you get the smile you once had or the smile you always dreamt of- so call Comfort Care Family Dental today to get started!
1001 E Chicago Ave #143, Naperville, IL 60540