Here at Comfort Care Dental we understand that dental health improvements are not a one-and-done thing but rather it is an ongoing commitment each and every day to better dental health. It can be challenging to know what to do and it seems like everyone has an opinion on what good dental routines look like. So, we wanted to share with you the ten tips for better dental health that our Naperville dental care experts recommend to all of our patients:
Ten Tips For Better Dental Health from Comfort Care Family Dental
- Keep Appointments- One of the biggest complaints dentists have is when their patients do not keep their appointments and then come complaining about a cavity or some other issues that may have been caught and treated before it became a problem if they had just kept the appointment!
- Brushing is a Must- There is no reason not to brush your teeth! It is recommended to brush three times a day but if you can only do it once try to do it after your biggest meal or right before bed.
- Flossing Has to be Done– Flossing needs to be done on a regular basis- after every meal is good if you cannot brush right away. Flossing should be done at least once a day before bed to ensure food particles do not sit on the teeth overnight.
- Choose the Right Toothbrush– Not all toothbrushes are the same and your dentist can help you determine the right type for you and whether you need a soft, medium, or hard brush to best clean your teeth. This is a big dental health improvement that can make a world of difference.
- Use the Right Toothpaste and Mouthwash– Your toothpaste and mouthwash choice helps compliment your brushing routine so go with something that helps protect your teeth as well as taking care of your gums and your overall mouth health.
- Be Smart With Fluoride- Fluoride helps protect the teeth but too much can damage the enamel. Unless your dentist tells you to use more most people get enough in their drinking water and in their toothpaste!
- Don’t Try DIY Whitening– DIY products are usually not very effective or long lasting and there is a much higher chance of doing more harm than good when you try to do these things on your own.
- Be Honest With Your Dentist– If you are not doing as good as you should be with your dental care, have concerns, or are noticing changes to your teeth and gums be honest and talk about it with your dentist- they cannot help you if you do not communicate with them!
- Get Problems Addressed ASAP– Naperville dental care experts are here to help you so when you have a problem whether it is a cavity, broken tooth, gum issues, or something else you need to get it taken care of sooner rather than later.
- Just Do Your Best– No one is perfect and we all mess up and miss the mark at times. Brush yourself off and do better next time and work with your Naperville dental care experts to find ways to make it easier for you.
Call Comfort Care Family Dental On Tips For Better Dental Health
Need help with your dental health improvement plan? Then set up your first appointment with Comfort Care Dental today and let us help you discover the best way to take care of all your dental needs!
1001 E Chicago Ave #143, Naperville, IL 60540
Looking for a “Naperville Dentist Near Me”?