Despite all of the amazing improvements and great advancements that have been made over the years in dental care, millions of Americans live with advanced dental issues, including missing teeth. For many years, if someone had missing teeth, dentures and bridges were the only options and these were unavailable to many due to the cost. But today, dental implants are available and are changing the way we look at dental care. Getting dental implants in Naperville is easier than ever before, and if you are looking for the best options available, dental implants from Comfort Care Family Dental P.C. is the way to go. Read on to learn more!
What Are Dental Implants in Naperville?
Dental implants represent one of the greatest advances in modern dentistry and are replacement tooth roots. Using a metal rod- usually made of titanium- that is anchored into the gum and jawbone, missing teeth can be replaced by placing a procaine cap over the metal rod that looks like a tooth. Implants provide a viable option for replacing single or multiple missing teeth in a way that preserves the structure, look, and function of the teeth.
There are many advantages of using dental implants:
- Improved appearance. They allow a more natural and aesthetically pleasing look to be restored to the dental structure.
- Improved speech. Dentures and braces and other devices can impact speak- implants are ritually un-noticeable and are the most natural feeling option.
- Improved comfort. As an implant that is part of the body rather than something placed on the body, they are much more comfortable.
- Easier eating. There is less pain and irritation with implants because they act like your natural teeth and there is no slipping and rubbing as with dentures.
- Improved self-esteem. Using dental implants from Naperville dentists allow for improved levels of self-confidence and less embarrassment.
- More affordability. Getting dental implants from Comfort Care Family Dental P.C. in Naperville allows for a more affordable dental care option.
- Improved oral health. These implants have fewer health considerations and side effects to worry about when compared to other dental care options.
- When properly cared for, dental implants can last 20-30 years and many will last a lifetime.
- There is no need for special care such as removing or soaking- dental implants are cared for the same as natural teeth are.
How Successful Are Dental Implants?
Success rates for dental implants in Naperville will vary depending on very specific and often personal factors regarding the health of the patients and the way they care for the implants. However, most will see as high as a 98% success rate. When they are cared for, they can last a lifetime and help improve the lives of people in many ways. People who are good candidates for dental implants are those who:
- Are in good health without chronic issues like cancer, diabetes, or heart disease
- Are not smokers or heavy drinkers
- Are able to take care of the implants and their remaining teeth
- Are otherwise not suffering from dental issues such as gum disease or bone loss
- Are missing only a few isolated teeth or only a few teeth in a row
What Is Involved?
The first step is to meet with your dentist or oral surgeon and discuss the pros and cons of your individual case and to determine if implants are right for you and what type and how many you should think about getting. Your dental care team will work with you to determine the care plan and the length of time needed to get your dental implants in Naperville. When you are considering dental implants from Comfort Care Family Dental P.C. our team will work closely with you through every step of the process.
One your care plan is established, then the next step is to attach the artificial tooth root in the place of the missing tooth or teeth. This is a metal rod that is anchored into the jawbone and sticks up through the gum line. As the jawbone heals, it will permanently anchor the rod to the bone so it is essentially part of the natural structure of the jaw. The healing process can take from six to 12 weeks and once healing is complete, the next stage can begin. It is important to note that depending on how many implants are needed and where they are located, multiple implants can be done at the same time and other times only individual implants should be attempted at once.
Once the implant is fully implanted and the bone has healed around it, the cap of the implant can be created and attached. A realistic cap that looks and feels like a natural tooth will be attached to the metal post so that it is all that is seen above the gum line. The cap will be made from a porcelain or composite material that will be colored to match the natural color of your teeth as closely as possible. Once the bonding is complete- usually in a few day’s time- the implant can withstand the same pressures and wear and tear as the natural teeth.
Care of the implant is the same as what is needed for your normal teeth. Brushing and flossing must be done daily. Foods and drinks that can stain and discolor need to be avoided, so limit wine, soda, and tea consumption, and it is best to avoid damaging foods such as chewing ice or hard candy. The gums around the implant are still susceptible to gum disease, so proper dental care is still essential.
Dental Implants in Naperville Today
Dental implants in Naperville are some of the most life-changing procedures of today and have become one of the most commonly performed dental procedures done in our clinics. Dental implants from Comfort Care Family Dental P.C. are changing lives and we welcome all new patients to come and see how our dental care plans can help change your life for the better! Call us today to set up your consultation appointment!
1001 E Chicago Ave #143, Naperville, IL 60540
Looking for a “Naperville Dentist Near Me”?