Dental veneers, which are sometimes called dental laminates or dental shells, are specially made shell casings that look like natural teeth. They are made from strong tooth-colored materials and are designed to cover the front of the tooth and are commonly used to enhance or improve the appearance of the teeth. These shells are attached to the teeth with a special bonding material and are shaped to look like natural teeth.
Why Learn About Dental Veneers?
Many people search for quality veneers in Naperville each year. If you or a family member need work done to enhance the appearance of discolors, chipped, or misshapen teeth, then veneers from comfort Care Family Dental P.C. may be just what you are looking for!
What Problems do Dental Veneers Help Correct?
Veneers are commonly used for aesthetic improvements of the teeth and used on:
- Teeth that have become stained or discolored due to smoking or lack of proper dental cleaning after consuming food or drinks that stain teeth easily
- Teeth that are worn down or misshapen due to problems with grinding teeth, over or under bites, and other dental issues
- Teeth that have gotten chipped or broken or otherwise damaged and are now unsightly or a source of embarrassment for the patient
- Teeth that are misaligned, crooked, or otherwise unsightly due to the way they have grown in or other outside factors or influences
- Teeth that have unsightly gaps between them can use veneers to fill in the gaps and prevent dental problems from forming because of the gaps
What Are the Advantages of Dental Veneers in Naperville?
Veneers are a very common cosmetic dental prosthetic and they are so popular because they offer some very nice advantages. Getting quality veneers in Naperville is easier and veneers from comfort Care Family Dental P.C. provide the following benefits:
- They restore a natural look and feel to the teeth
- Even less than perfectly healthy gums can often support veneers
- Porcelain veneers offer greater stain resistance
- The color of the material in veneers helps whiten stained teeth
- Veneers offer a conservative approach to changing a tooth’s color and shape
- They are fairly easy to attach and have little down time following placement
- Veneers are easy to care for in most cases
- There are hardly any limitations on who can or cannot get veneers
What Are the Disadvantages of Dental Veneers?
The downside to dental veneers include:
- The process is not reversible and new veneers will always be needed if anything happens to the once currently being used
- Veneers are costlier than bonding or other procedures
- Veneers cannot be repaired due to minor damage and must be fully replaced which can get expensive if someone is prone to veneer breaks
- Because some of the enamel of the tooth has to be removed so the veneer adheres to the tooth, treated teeth may be more sensitive to hot and cold
- Veneers do not always perfectly match the color of the neighboring teeth and if the natural teeth become stained or change color the veneer color cannot be changed to match
- In rare cases veneers can become loose or fall off, exposing the tooth and causing pain and discomfort until a new veneer can be placed on the tooth
- Teeth with veneers may still have problems with cavities, decay, or breakage and gum diseases is still something that must be watched for closely
- Veneers usually are not used on people with active gum disease, major tooth decay, or who have less than half of a healthy tooth remaining
- Individuals who have a strong bite, are known to grind their teeth or who have a habit of chewing ice or candy are often told not to get veneers as the pressure and impact of these habits can crack or shatter veneers
- Individuals who have a history of severe dental issues such as gum disease, tooth loss, or oral cancer usually are not good candidates for veneers
How Long Do Dental Veneers Last?
Veneers that have been properly installed and that are well cared for generally last between 7 and 10 years. Some can last as long as 15 or 20 years. Usually by 10 years there has been a good bit of wear and tear and the veneer will need to be replaced with a new one.
Dental veneers do not require any special care but they still must be properly cleaned and cared for. Brush and floss as you would your natural teeth and follow a good oral care routine. Use toothpaste and mouthwash with fluorite and avoid food and drink that can stain and discolor the veneers.
Comfort Care Family Dental
If you are looking for quality veneers in Naperville or the surrounding area, we are here to help! Veneers from comfort Care Family Dental P.C. are easier to get than you may think and like so many of our other patients, you can enjoy a better-looking smile sooner rather than later! So, call us today and set up your consultation appointment.
1001 E Chicago Ave #143, Naperville, IL 60540
Looking for a “Naperville Dentist Near Me”?